Pack and zip, without sittin’ on it!
If you’re like most, when the moment arrives to zip your suitcase, you need to sit on it! This may also include maneuvering your body into various yoga poses or pretending to part-take in the game of Twister. Thus, rather than re-packing, deleting items from your carefully planned out wardrobe or thinking you can only pack bikinis, try using these packing tips…
1. Pick a basic color scheme and accessorize around it. Whether you prefer black, brown or white as your base, you can easily mix and match by adding brights, navy, camel, etc., to pop some color and change up the over-all look! Try a scarf, cardi, large piece of jewelry or stacked bracelets, fabulous shoes…
2. Fold and then roll-up tees, leggings, tanks, etc. to save space and lessen wrinkles. You can easily place these items in the crevasses found on the bottom of the suitcase or in small empty spaces.
3. Use dry cleaner bags (which, btw, should be removed immediately after returning from the cleaners so clothing doesn’t sit in the chemical aftermath), and place between your layers and/or around clothing that may wrinkle easily. Or,
4. Try using large zip lock compression bags to take the unwanted air out and keep wrinkle-free.
5. If you should need boots on your trip, wear them on the airplane. And, limit the amount shoes you pack! Place jewelry roll, socks, scarves, etc., in your shoe/s.
*Mention this blog when shopping at Panache (great selection of fun resort wear!), and receive 20% off your non-sale purchase! First time customers only. Offer good through March 31, 2012. Offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
Panache Chicago 2252 N. Clark St., Chicago 773-477-4537